- About Us
- The Library Board
- Nigeriana Repository
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Human Resources and Admin Department
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Human Resources Department is the nerve centre of the National Library of Nigeria. It advises management and the Board on personnel policies of the organization.
- Manpower planning, recruitment and selection;
- Monitoring, reviewing and analysis of corporate functional operations to determine appropriate work structures, relationships, responsibilities and levels of authority;
- Establishment and implementation of appropriate systems of remuneration for the employees;
- Analysis of employee training needs and provision of facilities and opportunities for employees to acquire skill and knowledge needed to perform their jobs.
- Regular appraisal of staff performances;
- Establishment and maintenance of essential services relating to health, safety and general welfare of staff;
- Adequate control and custody of personnel records, administrative procedures and making information available for planning purposes;
- Implementing the decisions of the National Library Board, Management and Development Committee and Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee.
The department is composed of two (2) divisions:
(a) Appointment, Promotion & Discipline
(b) Staff Welfare,Training,Pensions, Registry & Records